Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Why have I been so crude recently?

Because civility is dead. I listened to Rush Limbaugh throttle it during the 1990s. I watched Newt Gingrich and Tom Delay kick its bloody and broken body. And now, these days, I have to watch Ann Coulter and Sean Hannity scramble on top to fuck its mouldering corpse like a necrophilic harpy and its mongoloid gorilla sidekick. So. Having seen all that happen, why the fuck should I make any pretense of a) liking a single fucking Republican I ever met, or b) talking pretty about the madmen, proto-fascists and neanderthals who make up that party these days?

While I was sick, it suddenly occurred to me why the mouth-breathers like listening to Limbaugh: it's fun. Well you know what, it's fun writing this way, too. And easy! I don't have to think, I don't have to make a pretense of rationality, I don't even have to have any facts. I can make shit up! Did you know that Laura Bush was giving hummers to right-wing dictators in the White House kitchen? Aren't you outraged?!?!
|