Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The newcular opshun

Since yesterday's deal on the nuclear option was made, I've read LOTS and LOTS of opinions in the blog and news analysis world. There seems to be virtually no consensus on whether it was a win or loss for the Democrats or Republicans. I'm inclined to say that it's impossible to know because the language of the agreement lends itself to various interpretations, all of which can be readily manipulated and spun by both parties. However, my reading really reminded me of this letter, which can be found on the Car Talk website. The basic proposition: two people talking about a topic on which they know nothing actually know less than one person talking about that same topic with the same degree of knowledge. Generalize this to the blogging world, and I think you can safely conclude that nobody knows anything about anything, especially when it comes to the nuclear option.
|