Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Reading through the Apocalypse

Two years ago, I sent Seamus a box of books for his birthday. (I have to admit that I sent him nothing this year, and I still feel guilty. I need to get my act together and send that boy some ammunition or something…). Anyway, the theme of the books was uniformly post-apocalyptic. Thus, it included the following books:

  • Z for Zacharia

  • A Canticle for Liebowitz

  • Saint Leibowitz and the Wild Horsewoman

  • Alas, Babylon


I think there was another one in there possibly, but I don’t remember. If I’d thought about it, I would also probably have included The Stand by Stephen King.

Anyway, I was wondering if there was any repository or list of all the best post-apocalyptic literature. I think it’s pretty obvious that most of it is going to be science fiction and, a google search, turned up this list. But I really want to find other books. Anybody out there have any good suggestions?
|