Monday, May 30, 2005

Ironic detachment or his head in his ass? You decide.

I checked my comments section this afternoon to see if anybody had anything interesting to say this weekend and I saw this new comment:
such a shame you're such a close-minded bigot. Please do your research before you start spouting off right-wing ideology and christian symantics that aren't even true. You apparently think you're the only one going to heaven.

I was kind of taken aback by the comment, as I don't remember ever writing anything suggesting that I might be going to heaven. Out of curiosity, I scanned my previous postings to see which one this comment was in response to. Turns out that the author had read my tongue-in-cheek post on new research regarding gay men and their response to pheremones and, apparently unaware my religious or political leanings, determined that I was a right-wing christian sort. All I can say is "Wow!". I've NEVER, EVER in my whole, entire life been accused of being a conservative Christian. I'm going to take this event as further evidence of the decline of American culture. It would appear that even some of the more "liberal" elements of our society are losing their their willingness to engage in contextual reading, their ability to engage in critical thinking, and their sense of humor...
|