Thursday, August 11, 2005

Why not keep fowl?

Another great article in the Times this morning, but on suburban chicken husbandry not proto-lesbianism. My brother- and sister-in-law keep chickens at their house on Bainbridge Island. They get delicious eggs and have something to eat a lot of their chicken scraps. The birds are beautiful, their coop is small, and they aren't smelly or dirty. They've been doing it for years, and I've always been impressed. So much so, that I've often thought about getting a couple of chickens. It'd be impossible to do in our current house, but when the wife, peanut and I finally move someplace nicer than DC, you can bet your ass we're going to have some chickens.

On a related note, here's further proof that douchebag yuppie Californians all need to be rounded up and shot because they will otherwise ruin this world. Wait, I take that back. It's actually proof that douchebag yuppies everywhere need to be rounded up and shot because they will otherwise ruin this world. However, in my nearly infinite munificence, I make the following offer in lieue of being shot: all the douchebag yuppie busybodies in this world can get their pale and droopy asses to Dallas, TX, where they can call the health department on each other; paint their 4500 sq. ft. McMansions any one of the three different shades of periwinkle; and drive their American-flag plastered H1s, H2s and H3s to fucking Chilis where they can gorge their bloated selves on 3,000 calorie fatty mcfat burgers to their heart's content. Aren't I nice?
|