Friday, April 08, 2005

FINALLY!

After nearly 24 hours of problems with Blogger, I can finally post. My apologies for the near total blackout yesterday.

Anyway, for those of you with any interest in bicycles, I'd point you to two pictures that caught my eye recently. First, there is this photo of the rear dropout of a filet-brazed beauty. What's so interesting about it, is that it appears to be rear-opening without being a track forkend. I wonder what the purpose is, function or form?

Second, check out the gear ratio on the bike in this picture. Amazing! Also, note how the fork has been turned 180 degrees so as to give the rider the tightest wheelbase possible. Seeing as he is preparing to set a 24-hour, motor-led track recrod, I assume this is to allow him to get a very low, tight position on the bike.

Anyway, it's good to be back on the blog. Hopefully, I'll have something of interest to write about today.
|